By: Tracy OsbornPages: 142 Publication Date: May 4, 2015
Learn how to code your first web app and get on the path to building your next side project, your lifestyle business, or your startup.
Written by a designer and aimed at non-programmers, Hello Web App teaches the basics of web app programming using Python and Django. The tutorial uses down-to-earth, friendly, and jargon-free writing to walk you through choosing a project, setting up a database, creating your website, building features, and launching your app so you can start working with real customers and users.
Simply the easiest way to get started building your own dynamic websites.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: What We’re Building
- Chapter 2: Prerequisites
- Chapter 3: Getting Started
- Chapter 4: Setting Up Your Templates
- Chapter 5: Fun With Template Tags
- Chapter 6: Adding Dynamic Data
- Chapter 7: Displaying Dynamic Information in the Templates
- Chapter 8: Setting Up Individual Object Pages
- Chapter 9: Forms.py Funsies
- Chapter 10: Adding a Registration Page
- Chapter 11: Setting Up Basic Browse Pages
- Chapter 12: Quick Hits: 404 Pages, requirements.txt, and Testing
- Chapter 13: Deploying Your Web App
- Chapter 14: What To Do If Your App Is Broken
- Chapter 15: Important Things to Know
- Chapter 16: Moving Forward